jmak

jmak

This Song Will Save Your Life
Leila Sales
Shadows (The Rephaim, #1)
Paula Weston
Crown of Midnight - Sarah J. Maas I read Throne of Glass and gave it a 3.5, mostly cuz I wasn't sure if it was going in a good or bad direction. I read the prequels which just sucked me in. Then I re-read Throne of Glass again and re-rated it with a 4.5. I just read Crown of Midnight and gosh darn it, it deserves a 5.This story and this world just became that much bigger. If you thought after reading the first book that this series is just a light fantasy, read this and reconsider. I am completely in love with this world, and completely in love with its characters. It has expanded into such a wonderful cast, good AND bad (I appreciate them all)…. and none of them are wasted space. I love how Sarah J. Maas' world slowly creeps up on you. She introduces everything with such craftiness and, unlike George R.R. Martin, doesn't spring a hundred characters on you at once and expect you to keep up and keep track of who is who. Because when that happens, I find that I don't really care. (Ok the HBO series I admit is addicting but I could not get into the books. Sorry.) However, Ms. Maas takes her time building up who these people are, and really takes her time in showing you different facets of who they are and who they may become…. Archer, Dorian, Chaol, Nehemia, and even our superstar Caelena. Wow. I am so impressed and so happy that this series has not only gone in a good direction, but an amazing one. It's packed with adventure, surprises, magic, badassery, and just plain awesomeness. Even if fantasy ain't your genre, the brilliant storytelling and its wonderful cast will grab you.